Holiday Traditions: Making Valentine’s Day Special
This post contains affiliate links.See more information.
One of the things I love to do for my kids is try to make holidays special. Even small holidays can give an excuse to celebrate and have a “party!”
At Christmas, we do an Advent Calendar with daily activities, and my kids LOVE it and look forward to it every day. So, I decided that for Valentine’s Day this year we would do a similar countdown just for fun!
I bought this calendar when it was on sale, and came up with 14 activities we would do this month:
- Make Valentines for family members
- Superbowl Party
- Valentine Coloring Sheets
- Watch Daniel Tiger Love Day
- Make Valentines for class
- Valentine Popcorn (drizzle popcorn in white chocolate and sprinkles)
- Ways I Love You writing on hearts and read All The Ways I Love You
- Make Valentine Cookie Press Cookies
- Play Doh hearts
- Valentine Ice Cream (pink or white ice cream with sprinkles on top)
- Read Valentine books
- Watch Snowy Day
- Valentine Cake
- Valentine’s Day Party!!
So far, we are all having a great time celebrating February! What are your holiday traditions?