Holiday Gift Guide 2022
This post contains affiliate links. See more information.
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2022
For a quick glance of the Amazon items featured in this guide, head here! Read on for descriptions/ more details on many items plus more ideas that are not available on Amazon!
I can’t believe it’s that time of year again!! Here are my favorites this year for babies through preschoolers!!!
For updates on the biggest sales of the Holiday Season (and MORE gift ideas ON SALE!), be sure to follow our Facebook group, Naptime Deals! You can also get our exclusive daily deal alert e-mails by signing up here!
FOR THE BABIES
- Manhattan Toy Rattle This was a favorite around here this year!
- pipSquigz Loops
- Our favorite baby utensil — this is perfect for babies 6-8 months and beyond!
- Grabease Utensils a practical gift for babies who are starting to eat more independently!
- Books: Reading to your baby is so important! You can start reading to them from day 1! I have lists in the Amazon shop full of book ideas for all ages!!
- EZPZ mat another practical idea, they make snack, meal, and art mats that are perfect and grow with baby through toddler stage!
- Whirly squigz (these are great for planes, restaurants, etc…)
- Melissa & Doug K’s Kids Collection! These pullback cars are a favorite!
- Little Tikes Swing We love this one, it’s great for starting around 4-6 months, and grows with them, too!
- Ramp Racers are really fun!
- a Musical Learning Workbench — tons of brands to choose from, they all seem the same. We were gifted one of these with my first and it has been a FAVORITE! I’m not a huge fan of loud plastic toys but this one has absolutely been worth having around!!
- LOVEVERY Play Kit — we were gifted the Babbler Play Kit when my son was around 9 months old. It’s geared for ages 13-15 months, but my two youngest sons have both had the chance to enjoy it from ages 9mo to over 2 years! Lovevery has kits for every age, and the toys are incredible — unique and high quality, I have not seen toys like these anywhere else! It’s my top favorite toy for the baby age-range!
- Car Jumperoo — transforms into just the car without the jumperoo for the toddler!! My baby and toddler have loved this one this year!!
- Ruggish Mat
- Depending on age, take a look at the toddler list below, you may want to go ahead invest in toddler items now!
FOR THE TODDLERS
- A new cup! Some of our favorite cups include Simple Modern Kids’ Cups and the Contigo Stainless Cups. The plastic camelbaks are our favorite budget option!
- Many DUPLO kits are under $20 and are fun to collect and build with!
- Green Toys Made in the USA, very high quality, fun to play with, and many are great for the bathtub or the sand box! The prices fluctuate greatly on these, but if you follow our group you will get alerts when the prices are LOW!
- Melissa & Doug: Pizza Party, Water Wow, Birthday Cake are a few of my favorites, but you know your child’s interests best!
- Interactive Books: Toddlers love to read and they love books they can interact with! The “Cook in a Book” series is particularly fun!! I also have lists in the Amazon shop full of book ideas for all ages!!
- Slide This is the most-used toy I have EVER purchased!!! I got mine for $17, be sure you are following our group to get prices like this!!
- Crawling Tunnel We have had this tunnel for around 7 years and it’s still getting used frequently!
- Daniel Tiger Interactive Take Along Story Set This is fun for ages 18 mo – 4 or 5 years old, especially for those who love Daniel Tiger!
- YETI Rambler Kids’ Cup! This is definitely a splurge for a kids’ water bottle, but my kids use these every day! They keep water ICE COLD even when left in the car during a Texas summer 🙂
- Color Roller or Popcorn Pusher We have been gifted these throughout the years and my toddlers always love pushing them around!
- Melissa and Doug Ice Cream Counter or sandwich counter!
- Tonies These are amazing for 2-5 year olds! Kids can collect the figurines and place them on the Toniebox to hear collections of songs and stories! My kids love to collect them (be warned the Tonies are around $15 each and rarely go on sale!)
- LOVEVERY Block Set — In addition to the Play Kits described above, the block set is perfect for toddlers and will grow with them!
- Bruder Trucks! These are high quality and very realistic play trucks! My kids LOVE them!
- Brio Trains & Accessories We have the Melissa & Doug Train Set, and have added on many different Brio accessories. My kids love playing with trains, and in general our train set is my favorite toy!
- Nugget Comfort Play Couch Kids of all ages and adults to can lounge, build forts, and more with this versatile piece of furniture!
- Play Kitchen Endless imaginative play possibilities!!
- Cozy Coupe Always a hit with the toddlers!!
- Clixo Builder Set if you are looking for something new/unique — or of course MagnaTiles / Picasso Tiles are also always a hit!
- Balance Bike: My kids love riding balance bikes! It’s a great way to exercise, build core strength, and have fun at the same time! We have used both the Toot Scoot (use code NAPTIME for $10 off and free shipping!) and Kazam and have loved them both. Toot Scoot is great for 2-3 year olds and Kazam for 3-4 year olds!
FOR THE PRESCHOOLERS / KINDER KIDDOS
- Model Magic This is the next step after Play Doh — it doesn’t stay soft, so kids can make more permanent creations!
- Wikki Stix Wikki Stix are moldable sticks that children can use to create letters, numbers, shapes, other creative scapes, and more! There are different kits and individual packs available to choose from!
- Color Wonder Completely mess-free markers! I also think the paintbrush pens are fun!
- Ooly Ice Cream Scented Markers Just for fun! Ooly is a splurge but I love all of their art supplies! I see it discounted sometimes on Zulily, follow the group for updates!!
- Marble Run My kids LOVE this toy! I had one when I was a kid and it’s so much fun for them!
- Name Puzzle This is a customized gift idea that preschoolers will love! My son loves putting his name together!
- Osmo You need an iPad or Fire Tablet that is compatible with your Osmo kit, and there are bundles you can purchase based on age, or you can buy the games/kits separately. These are really fun, my kids love them!
- Bike or Scooter!
- YOTO Player an alternative to the Toniebox!
- Paw Patrol Water Table
- Dollhouse — Kidkraft makes a wide variety or this one is pretty neutral!
- Backyard Bounce House I linked the one we have, but there are so many options to choose from! Pick a budget and decide if you want it to have a water feature, then pick out a bounce house!
- Backyard Play House or Play Set I linked the ones we have but the best places I have found to look for deals on these items are Zulily, Target, Amazon, WalMart, Wayfair, and Overstock! Also Costco and Sam’s!
- Art Case! We have a similar Silly Scents case and my kids love it! It’s their most reached for art supply! Many of these are under $20 and if you follow our group they will definitely go on sale over the next few months!
- Bracelet / Necklace Kit or Scrunchie Maker! These were recommended by my niece, and look fun!!
- Melissa and Doug Quilt Kit!
- Cooking Supplies — a cookie scoop and cookie mix would make a really fun gift for a budding chef!
- LEGO / LEGO Friends ! My kids have gotten really into LEGO this year, and it’s been a test of patience for me, but we store them in their room to keep the pieces contained to one space! They are really into the little car kits and my 5 year old loves the Spidey kits!
- Activity Books or Journals such as Me, Totally Awesome Mazes and Puzzles, Dinos Sticker Activity Book, Hidden Pictures
- Parent-Child Journals such as Mom and Me, Dad and Me, All about mom and me, All about dad and me
From $20 to $60
- Discovery Art Tracing Projector kit My kids LOVE this one!!
- SnapCircuits! My 7 year old can finally do these kits independently and he loves them!
- Target Animal Blankets These were a fun find this year, very cozy, fun for pretend play/costuming or just relaxing on the couch!! We love the dinosaur and the cheetah!
- Eyeclops magnifying glass My son has and LOVES this, he takes pictures of everything and looks at the details up close.
- Auto Marble Run with Elevator We don’t have this, but my kids played with one somewhere and talk about it all the time!
- MicroMachines My kids have and love the Van City and the Fire Cargo Jet. They would love all of the rest of the options too!
- New helmet or other sports accessories!!
- Happy Me Journal
- Journey Girls Doll!
- New Bike or Scooter I actually bought this one last year, it was on some kind of super-deal but it’s great and more of a budget option!
- American Girl Doll
- Chromebook or Fire Tablet
- Fidget Poppers These come in all sizes and are popular across all ages, from toddlers to teens!
- Custom name labels a practical gift that is very useful and fun, my kids love labeling their stuff!
- Custom book or game from Pinhole Press Lots of options! We have custom name books for my kids to read, full of photos and names of all family members!
- Custom name book from Wonderbly my kids have the Lost My Name books and they are a perfect gift for a baby/toddler to grow with, or to give an older child as a special book to read and keep as a keepsake!
- Custom Sibling Shirts: We were gifted a set of these from a family member, and the quality is excellent! I purchased another set last year when we added our third baby, and again this year for our fourth!
- Family Pajamas or Pajamas and a Book (Books to Bed makes cute ones, or you can also search for your favorite book: Goodnight Moon, Pete the Cat, Eric Carle books, and more and find cute PJs to match!)
- Little Sleepies or Hanna Andersson PJs are both great PJs to splurge on!
- Wonderfold Wagon (pictured below!) this would make a great family gift!
- Book Box or Magazine Subscription
- KidPik Clothing Subscription Box A fun way to update your wardrobe!
- Activity Box Subscriptions
- Local Activity Membership (Zoo, Play Place, Children’s Museum)
MOM, DAD, GRANDPARENTS!
Here are some ideas for everyone else!!!
FOR MOM, DAD, AUNTIE, UNCLE, and GRANDPARENTS!
“Non-gift” / Experience Ideas
- The best gift ever –is a sleepover at the grandparent’s house with just the kids and grandparents — it’s a win-win-win for everyone, haha!
- But seriously, quality time with grandparents-grandchildren should be top of the list! Set up a special dinner or activity to do together! Even if it’s a trip to McDonald’s!
- Babysitting certificate is appreciated by any parent! Top of my list for sure!
- Mani/Pedi certificate
- Massage certificate
- Dinner out gift certificate
- Custom Photo Stickers I used these last year to make custom coozies and cups for aunties and uncles (and made a phone case for myself which I LOVE!)
- Cookbook — Pioneer Woman’s Cookbooks, Magnolia Table, Smitten Kitchen would all be good choices!
- Mama gear — I love this mug!
- Candles and this is the BEST Anthro dupe candle!!! (in scent “red lava citrus”)
- Chocolates or other favorite treat
- Hand Cream — I linked a popular one, but the one at Trader Joe’s is really good too!
- Softest/most comfy blanket EVER!! I have the cream color
- Lululemon Belt Bag
- Photo gift from Pinhole Press
- Slippers, Robe, PJs
- Bombas slippers or socks!
- Stanley Cup
- Yeti Colster
- Splurgey Slippers
- Wine glass & wine or other favorite beverage of choice… a wine membership is also fun!!! Here’s another option for wine membership!
- Puzzle or Game
- VineOh box
- Kate Spade Earrings or Kendra Scott Jewelry
- Jewelry or SmartWatch I got the one linked this year and love it!
- A nice bag or tote
- KitchenAid Mixer
- Sewing Machine or Cricut
- New Vacuum
- iPad, Fire Tablet, or Kindle
- Nespresso Machine
- Ninja Foodi
- Nixplay Photo Frame
- Skylight Frame or Calendar
- New Blender or Food Processor
- Air Fryer or Instant Pot (I got this one last year and LOVE it!)
- Bread Maker or other fun kitchen appliance
- Water Bottle or Koozie